Voicemail is one of the most overlooked features in a mobile device, but if used properly can save your day and prevent unwanted situations that may occur due to poor or no communication. Voicemail feature allows you to leave a voice message for your callers in case you are in a meeting or occupied in some other activity. It is a much better option than rejecting or not answering the call. At the same time, callers can also leave you a message in case if there’s anything urgent. Remember, timely and proper communication is the key to any successful business or association. And setting up voicemail can help you in this.
Setting up voicemail is a child’s play. You just need to follow few simple steps on your smartphone, record a customized message, and the voicemail service is up and ready.
Given below is a step by step process on how to set up voicemail on Android phones and iPhone.
How to Set Up Voicemail on Android Phones?
There are two ways to configure voicemail on an Android Phone.
Through Speed Dial Mechanism:
- The speed dial option in the Android phones’ dial pad has fixed number “1” as the shortcut for calling your carrier’s voicemail service.
- The voicemail number will vary from one network provider/carrier to another, but you can simply long-press number 1 on the dial pad to connect to the voicemail.
- Let the interactive robot on the other side guide you through the voicemail set up.
- You would have to follow a three step guided process that requires you to select language, create a customized greeting, verify password and subsequently activate the voicemail service.
Through Settings Option:
- In your phone, go to Setting and then go to Call settings
- Under Call settings, tap on Voicemail, then select/tap on Setup.
- Under the Setup, select My Carrier and verify the number. You can call on the given number and create a customized greeting for your callers as in the steps mentioned above.
How to Set Up Voicemail on an iPhone?
There are two ways to configure voicemail on an iPhone.
Through Dial Pad:
Click the dial pad on the home screen and tap the voicemail icon in the bottom right corner of the dial pad or number pad. When you tap the voicemail icon, the phone will connect the call to the voicemail center of your telephone network service provider. Follow the instructions that require you to set up a password/enter a password and create a customized greeting.
Through Visual Voicemail:
Alternatively, iPhone has an option of Visual Voicemail as well. This feature depends on the carrier plan you have chosen. If the plan allows, you can configure Visual Voicemail manually by tapping the app, and verifying the password and creating a customized greeting. An iPhone allows you to check the voice mails as you would check audio emails; simply tap the icon and play from the list of voice mails your callers have left.
In addition to these options, different phones (Android, Windows etc.) have distinct Voicemail apps that allow you to configure and sync the voicemail feature with the voicemail service provided by your carrier. An iPhone has this app pre-installed while Android users can install the app and manage their voicemail settings from there.
In case you want any further assistance or have any query, you can share the same in the comment section below.